Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pixies and Ghosts, Oh My!!

New assignment.........WILL-O-WISP



Also referred to as 'Orbs' 'Ghost-lights' 'spook-lights'
They are looked at by both paranormal and fairy/folklore enthusiasts
These are the balls of light seen in the forest at night.
They are also said to be see in old photographs and are thought by some as spirits of visiting deceased relatives caught on film ( though scientists and disbelievers say they are merely particles of dust captured close up on the lens) 
I neither disbelieve or believe . Who's to say they don't exist....but who's to say they do..
they actually go on to say there is a scientific explanation for this occurrence.. so A-HA!! it does really happen and people have seen it!






photo credit Missouri ghosts.net



SO thats pretty much the paranormal side of it but what about the fairy side??

nothing says validation like Disney lol!

I found this and it looked really similar to the sketch I had come up with for this project

THis is my take on it... yes , this will become a doll... I will make it Happen!!...ok I hope it happens.... No! I will happen!!
OK SOo..
My client asked for a green doll ,normally she doesn't get specific but she said green
but I'm thinking not too green
SO I picked Frankie Stein
First I had to get rid of all that black hair
Frankie with only white hair

I rooted Mint Green longer strands
I started to make the blue gradient
I do this with several permanent markers.
Finished color

Normally I wash the hair to get most of the ink out ,but not this time
here's my video on how to do this



There will be more tomorrow this blog is getting long
but 
speaking of Pixies and ghost lights
Here is my little Pixie
 THanks for reading
Nighty


No comments:

Post a Comment