Friday, July 19, 2013

Mistakes.. I've made a few. Part 1

In a kingdom of mistakes he who holds an eraser is King!
Of you have made some customizing boo boos this blog might help you out
I've been working on this Rusalka doll. and between the Heat and my new cankles I made crazy mistakes... but I'll get to that later
Lets start from where things were going peachy keen


 This is what I was going for
Well she's undead so I picked a gray skin-tone.
First a coat of Mr. Super Clear matte
Once it's dried ( like 5-10 mins)I lay down the first of the shading
{A little note about Mr.Super Clear.As with all chemicals, PLEASE use CAUTION, Use a Mask,Use Gloves!! We really don't know what's in there. Only in a Highly ventilated area .These are Your Lungs!} 
Back to this Bog....
first shading
The key to a good repaint I believe is Layers. Like everyone else I want to jump in but there's much to be said about the art of restraint.
Pretty much how I normally start a doll
But I knew something had to be different about the eyes this time.
Rusalkas are known to NOT have pupils.. so I said 'Hey lets try something new!'
med,light,dark glitter for the eyes
I wanted the eyes to be vacant... but with a spark of something
So I used some fine milled glitter to paint with rather than .. well Paint!
before adding definition
(At first you won't see a difference , the glitter is from dark to light starting at the top.)
Around this point I did a coat of Mr. Super Clear so that all the touching I was doing was not going to rub off the base of green

Eye brows and Lips start to form
Now besides being.... Um well Dead...she has to be alluring and beautiful..so I gave her a smokey eye and Lashes.... Lonnng lashes
Lashes
I do this by glueing and embedding the lashes into the rubber... after much trial and error I always do it this way now.. and once it's done it's Not budging! No sir!
You can make lashes out of any hair you chose.. they don't actually have to be false lashes ( for humans)
End of part one
Cankles!! on Tumblr
--------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment: