Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Little Friends

I Love to make very Picture-full blogs don't I.. well I hoping shrinking them down a bit might help with the Downloading of the page, I believe you click on the pics for larger view
I been slacking on the Bloggy,but really expect that to happen on occasion .
It happens...
ON to this I have several different types of dolls I do. ONe of the types comes with a pet or doll.
Somehow I feel it relieves the Main dolls loneliness and it's cute,a traveling companion if you will , a buddy <3.
I make these in a few different ways and sometimes come up with a way on the spot.
Basically I'm making a miniature doll in itself.
I try to reflect that the doll or pet come from the same world /style as each other.

HOw this Works--------first I Imagine what I want it to look like. I sculpt the head and arms/hands/legs/feet/paws out of polymer
Wolfy for the Orc girl
Sometimes I create and endoskeleton , a wire armature if I want the Friend to be highly posable
Inside Wolfy


For this one I started with a ball. Then I insert the wire loop
and work the clay around it making the neck

WOrkin it!
Ears
Blushing before baking


This is sort of the pattern I used ,I realized while making this blog that thats not the right pieces I actually used but you get the idea from looking at this.. I'm gonna say it's about 3"x 2" before sewing and stuffing... that reminds me how hungry I am... Mmmm Stuffing !

when I started stuffing. I used the entire 
length of stocking for leg. Sewed it through with a GIGANTIC needle and elastic,super tight
NOw this in-between stage I didn't document in photos .But next after baking I painted the scalp where I wanted the hair to go and layer by layer glued on the hair .Since the hair would be comb forward I started at the forehead and worked my way back adding the 2 little ponytails as I went along.
then painted the eyes but not as detailed as the Main doll.. she is just a character of the main after all...


"Voila!".... or "Here it is! " in english!








Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment