Thursday, July 11, 2013

ZOMBIE mermaids

Right now I have so many things floating around in my head ...Whoot SO many!
I normally thrive in chaos as you can see by most of the pics of my desk. That's usually once I have an Idea screaming at me to get done.... but this time.. Ermergurd!!
, But
So my missions are right now Rusalka,cyclops and Will-o-wisp All very different!
but lets just talk about Rusalka
 Here is what it is Rusalka
 this is the Wiki pic
Basically what a Rusalka is, is  a woman (or child) that died wrongfully and now dwells on the bottom of a lake or river and if you happen upon her (mostly at night) she will lore you to a watery death.
Now, I love this!
 There is SO many directions to go......but unfortunately .. there are So many directions to go!
They are all Creepy stories
Some of the stories claim they are spirits. Some claim they are the Undead and others say that are similar to Mermaids. .. and remember this has to become a doll in the end.
Normally I would jump at the fish route,Mermaids are fun and beautiful.
But no,there is something much more creepy about a Rusalka , something  from a dark place.
I think it's also Not knowing exactly WHAT it is that fascinating.
It also looks just like US... how else would it lore you into the water... you trust her.....
Now this sexy Rusalka was the first one I ever saw in the * Quest for Glory* PC game... and even back then with her nakedness she was creepy!
Rusalka in most of the stories also has green hair that's perpetually wet even when standing out of the water for long periods of time
THIS is my version
 I drew this to help me sort it out.
I want her to be almost normal looking ( well as normal as the UNDEAD can look)
and at the same time you know something is not right. and underlying darkness that has been there all along.
Tonight I think we should stay away from any lakes or rivers,wont stop her from haunting our dreams though.....I will try not to dream of water tonight.... but the chances are slim

No comments:

Post a Comment