Monday, June 24, 2013

Back to the Golem

So I meant to write yesterday but then the 'incident' happened at my sister's 5k and so I just rested and drank much water for the remainder of the day..


SO.. back to this....So I get the doll I wanted,a monster High CAm pack ,gray with the High cheekbones.
and I'm thinking how can I get this to look like stone...hmm how indeed. Well I can mix up some gray tones of polymer and lay it over the original doll and carve in the definition that I want.
before I can get all whacky with the clay I have to prep..so heres what I do.. Mind you I'm not a virgin at laying clay on plastic.. but never at this magnitude :O
NOw heres the thing,one can simply NOT lay clay directly on plastic ... I will not work..the clay will harden..but it may also chip off. So what I do is lay down some glue first

I thought I could get away with 'Spot' glueing and claying... but OH NO,not this time!.. it had to cover the entire doll.....
The glue adheres the clay in baking and adds another rubbery element.
THis might be such a long blog

No comments:

Post a Comment