Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Cyclopes and Hairy fingers PART 1

Yeay New Boggy!

The Mission = Cyclops 

The briefing = A Cyclops is from greek mythology. They are a race of Giants with a single eye in the center of their forehead. Most depictions in the movies are of Cyclopes being vicious and of mal-intent  but upon further reading they were just builders.. :P.. nothing fancy,... Staten Island would Love them!
Also they created the staffs and weapons of the gods.... Poseidon's Trident and so forth. End of briefing
 Lots of other doll customizers have done Cyclopes and have done Great jobs but I'm gonna put my own spin on it....as usual
SO it was suggested to me to use the blank face from the Monster High 'create a monster lab add-on'
and it works well because there are NO eye sockets... but guess what.. THere ARE NO EYE SOCKETS!!....
Blank face, no eyes or mouth
so I'm going to have to create them...urgh!
 You do what you know, so I use acrylic the kind of acrylic you use at the nail salon. it's tricky to use but dries (as some may know already) ROCK hard and sticks almost better then crazy glue to the rubber.
First and always I give her a coat of Mr. Super Clear.
THen I have to map out where all my crazy is going.
Once it's laid down I sculpted and worked with a nail filer and Dremel ( electric rotary file)
 The paint and the shading are going to take it from there.
beginnings of the eye
I also thought I really have to make this a good eye, poor thing only has one.
Before glazing and faux eyelashes
THe hair!! if you've worked with these Cam pack heads you know part of the head is hard plastic,but the rest can be rooted. I really wanted a Mohawk to center everything.
I used Tacky Glue for the center and applied it in a circle pattern and rooted the long pieces.
If my fingers weren't hairy yet they were about to be!
normally I embedded the eyelashes ...couldn't really do that this time because like I said the acrylic dries, rock hard. I applied the faux lashes ( some individually) I'm pretty sure I went to the store that day with some hair glued to my fingers...nobody said anything, I was o.k.
Gettin her hair did!
Hair finish
Next blog I will get into the tribals /costuming/armor/weapons and the finished Doll!
Thank you SO much for reading this far .. and as always ,Have a Good Night ! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment